Welcome to Java Camp
A self-catering safari experience like no other…
Java camp originated in the form of one man’s dream to acquire his own piece of land in the African wilderness. It was in 1978 when Paul Geiger set out to turn his dream into a reality. He explored the South African landscape far and wide searching for this mysterious place that would capture his heart. Nestled in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve was a piece of land that did just that and so Java Camp was born.
For many years the Geiger family and their friends enjoyed this farm as their private home but as time went on and their children grew up this camp was then turned into a fully equipped self-catering private camp whereby guests were able to book the entire camp to themselves. Exclusive use of a camp filled with extraordinary heritage in the heart of the African wilderness – what more could one want? Every day as the sun sets in the west and rises in the east the mysteries of the African bush will always be there to enchant and thrill those who are willing to venture into these wondrous parts of that, which we call, mother nature.
A wilderness of more than 500 square kilometres of unfenced terrain that opens onto the famous Kruger National Park. Elephants, lions, buffalo, black and white rhinoceros, leopards and cheetahs are free to roam. On any game drive you might also see giraffes, wild dogs, hyenas, wildebeest, impalas, baboons. More than forty mammals share this untamed corner of Africa.
If you love birds, bring your Roberts and your long lens because you’re sure to see a plethora of exciting bird species and may even tick off a few lifers.
So what can one expect?
- The opportunity to experience Africa’s magnificent wildlife big and small
- Explore unchartered wilderness adjacent the Kruger National Park
- 2 Game drives daily with a qualified field guide
- Off road driving for the Big 5 species
- Private landing strip
- Dining under the stars around campfires in an open boma
- An exclusive serviced private camp for up to 12 people, self-catering
What makes us unique?
- This family farm camp has deep soul embedded in it over generations of happy people
- The 6 separate bedroom bungalows dotted under big trees form a circle around the large camp, where peace and tranquility are sacred, the centre of the camp is where the heartbeat and togetherness happens with kitchen, indoor and outdoor lounge, dining, bomas and pool
- The camp is unfenced so you are right in the thick of the action
- Your relationship with your guide will grow strong, you’ll be enthralled by exhilarating bush stories and a special knowledge of the African bush will be imparted to you over this time
- Most importantly, the camp will feel as if it is your own, no distractions, no interference, just you and your tribe enjoying all the splendours that nature has to offer
Game viewing in the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve can be phenomenal and full of amazing surprises so have a look at the video to give you an idea of the amazing wildlife opportunities that one may experience on their stay with us.